Live Video Interview + Proctored Writing Sample
Convenient Scheduling and Fast Results
What software/hardware do I need to provide?
- An 720p HD camera or better (same as an Iphone 5)
- High speed internet (600kbps (up/down) for high quality video and 1.2 Mbps (up/down) for HD video)
- Headphones with built in microphone (like iphone earbuds or other headphones built for phone calls)
- A private space with no background noise or other ambient noise (such as a fan)
What happens during a Vericant Interview?
Your Vericant Interview session is approximately 45 minutes long. This includes a 10-12 minute English interview and a 30 minute writing sample. You will connect to your interviewer at your scheduled time.
- The interviewer will send you the materials you need at the start of the interview including the essay prompts and a set of pictures you will be asked to describe.
- The interviewer will explain the interview process to you, ask you to adjust the computer for best visual results, and help you feel more comfortable on camera.
- You will then start your video interview. This will be about 10-12 minutes long and include 3-4 main topics about your interests, studies and experiences.
- After the video interview is finished, the interviewer will ask you to start the writing sample. You will have 30 minutes to complete the hand-written writing sample, choosing one of two essay prompts provided. The interviewer will stay connected to you via Zoom, in case you have any questions or problems during the writing sample.
- After you have completed the writing sample, the interviewer will ask you to scan it back to them, or send them a clear photo of the essay pages.
- Once you have sent back all the materials, the interviewer will say goodbye and end the meeting. Your Vericant Interview is finished and we will notify you once the results have been delivered to China Admissions.
What happens after my interview?
Fill out this request form or contact email@example.com with information about what time zone you are in and when you are available for a 1 hour interview slot.
- Read your confirmation email carefully and test your device's video and audio capabilities.
- Think of where you will do your interview and make sure it will be quiet during your scheduled interview time.
- Ask your English teacher if they can set aside some time to help you practice and be sure to also ask them for constructive feedback that will set you up for success.
- Do a search online for examples of behavioral interview questions. Print out a list – or two – and begin thinking of things that you might want to say in response to each question. When preparing, try to think about certain experiences you had that influenced who you are today, your decision to study abroad, or your intended major. Understanding who you are, what you enjoy, and what makes you unique will make the interview more effortless.