For more information about the interview components, interview tips, and other resources visit our About the Interview page.
What should I be aware of on the interview day?
- The student should arrive 15-30 minutes before their interview is scheduled to start.
- On the day of the interview, students participating in a High School Interview must bring their original valid ID (ID card/passport) and signed confirmation letter. The ID must be exactly the same as the one as the ID listed on the confirmation form. Parents are required to sign the confirmation letter in advance. Candidates under the age of 18 should preferably be accompanied by their parents. Students who participate in a University Interview (undergraduate and graduate) only need to bring their original valid (ID card/passport), and the ID must be exactly the same as the ID uploaded in their Vericant portal.
- If the ID is lost or is being used for other purposes, please bring another valid ID and/or authorized documents issued by relevant departments on the day of interview.
- All Vericant Interview testing sites use a black background. You may wish to avoid wearing a black shirt, especially an entirely black outfit. Additionally, avoid wearing dark clothes and/or shirts with pin stripes or checked patterns. (Suggested: Boys wear a collared shirt, with or without a tie; Girls wear a collared shirt or dress) Students with long hair should tie their hair back, so as not to interfere with the microphone and affect the sound quality of the interview.
- It is strictly forbidden to use any electronic devices during the interview and writing sample, including but not limited to: mobile phone, blackberry, pager, pocket PC, Ipod, MP3 player, camera or other photographic equipment, or any type of timer. It is recommended that students not bring any electronic devices to the interview center. Students who are found using electronic devices at any time will immediately be removed from the examination room and will very likely have their interview canceled and the electronic device forfeited for inspection.
What are the parts of the interview and how long does it take?
The total interview process takes about an hour. This includes a 30 minute writing sample and a 10-14 minute video interview. The main components are as follows:
|First section（30 minutes）||Writing Sample
High school applicants：Choose 1 of 3 questions to answer
University and Graduate applicants：Choose 1 of 2 questions to answer
|Second Section (High school applicants：10-12 minutes)
(University and Graduate applicants：12-14 minutes)
Chinese question（only for students applying to High school）
To learn more about the Vericant Interview, please visit our About the Interview page.
Who will interview me?
You will be interviewed by a professionally trained, native English speaking interviewer. Vericant’s Interviews are conducted in strict accordance with standards approved by admissions officers.