Frequently Asked Questions: Interview Process
For more information about the interview components, interview tips, and other resources visit our About the Interview page.
What should I be aware of on the interview day?
1. Please follow the interview time and location on the student’s confirmation page or in the student’s Vericant account. The proctor phone number listed on the confirmation page will only be used on the day of the interview.
2. The student should arrive 15 minutes before their interview is scheduled to start. The interview will start on time.
3. On the day of the interview, students participating in a High School Interview must bring their original valid ID (ID card/passport) and signed confirmation page. The ID must be exactly the same as the one as the ID listed on the confirmation page. Parents are required to sign the confirmation page in advance. Students under the age of 18 should be accompanied by their parents.
4. Students who participate in a University Interview (undergraduate and graduate) only need to bring their original valid (ID card/passport). The ID must be exactly the same as the ID uploaded in their Vericant portal.
5. If the ID is lost or is being used for other purposes, please bring another valid ID and/or authorized documents issued by relevant departments on the day of interview.
6. All Vericant Interview testing sites use a black background, so you may wish to avoid wearing a black shirt, especially an entirely black outfit. It’s suggested to wear formal clothing, such as a collared shirt. Students with long hair should tie their hair back, so as not to interfere with the microphone and affect the sound quality of the interview.
7. It is strictly forbidden to use any electronic devices during the interview and writing sample, including but not limited to: smart phones, recorders, smart watches and other electronic devices. Students who are found using electronic devices at any time will immediately be removed from the examination room. They will very likely have their interview canceled and the electronic device forfeited for inspection.
What does the interview include and how long does it take?
The total interview process takes about an hour. This includes a 30-minute writing sample and a 14-18 minute video interview.
To learn more about the Vericant Interview, please visit our About the Interview page.
Who will interview me?
You will be interviewed by a professionally trained, native English-speaking interviewer. Vericant Interviews are conducted in strict accordance with standards approved by admissions officers.